We at Star are commited to your health and safety.
March 24, 2020 PM
Sedgwick County Health Officer issued an Emergency Public Health Order effective March 25th through April 23rd, 2020.
STAR LUMBER IS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS AND WILL BE OPEN WITH SOME MODIFICATIONS TO OUR HOURS.
Star Lumber has been deemed an essential business under:
- Section E. ix. HARDWARE STORES
- Section E. x. SERVICES PROVIDERS WHO PROVIDE SERVICES THAT ARE NECESSARY TO MAINTAIN THE SAFETY, SANITATION AND ESSENTIAL OPERATION OF RESIDENCES.
- Section E. xvi. BUSINESSES THAT SUPPLY OTHER ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES WITH THE SUPPORT OR SUPPLIES NECESSARY TO OPERATE.
- Section E. xxv. MANUFACTURING COMPANIES, DISTRIBUTORS ETC… SERVICES USED BY ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES.
Our retail & remodeler customers are clearly covered under taking care of homes and we believe our professional residential and commercial customers are deemed essential under:
- Section E. x. “CONSTRUCTION”
We take our responsibility as an essential business to take proactive measures to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements very seriously and have taken many actions at all of our locations. Please see each location for a list of those.
President & COO
STAR LUMBER & SUPPLY
March 24, 2020 AM
As you likely know by now the Sedgwick County Commission voted Monday evening (3-2) to recommend to the County Health Director to issue the stay-home order.
During the discussion they indicated it could take effect Wednesday at 12:01AM. They also indicated that construction was listed as an essential business and along with that was hardware stores and those businesses that support essential businesses such as construction. We are anxiously awaiting to see the order but they said it was largely based upon the Kansas City order. I have read the Kansas City order and construction and those that support construction were clearly defined as essential.
If that order is made we believe both your construction activity and our supply of that construction are exempted as essential business and we will do everything we can to continue to serve you. We believe that due to the nature of both of our activities that the risk is relatively low as there is plenty of social distancing. There are requirements to follow to be open and we will continue to review our compliance with those measures.
We are OPEN to serve you!
We have been working daily to ensure that our environments are as safe as we can make them attempting to follow all guidelines. Please call, email or text me if you have any concerns you would like me to make sure we are addressing as a team. We greatly appreciate your patience as we have adapted to this rapidly escalating crisis.
I am sure of one thing... things will change. We will continue to provide updates on this page of our website.
We pray that all of us are safe and that our nation will overcome this challenge quickly.
Thank you and God bless you!
President & COO
Star Lumber & Supply Co., Inc.
March 20, 2020
Star's locations are open normal business hours. We’re taking extra precautions to clean and sanitize to ensure the safety of our employees and customers. We are offering virtual design appointment, porch sample delivery and low-contact pick-up options along with our normal delivery services. Please contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
March 16, 2020
STAR LUMBER’s letter to customers in response to the COVID-19 virus precautions.
To our customers:
Due to COVID-19 response and preventative actions, the last week has certainly been an unprecedented and challenging time for all of us. We want to provide you an update on how Star Lumber is responding to ensure the health and well-being of our customers and our associates.
It is important to know that this is a very fluid situation, which is evolving with new information and social directives daily. As we receive the latest public updates on the virus, we will make adjustments and will share our response and initiatives. Star Lumber is open for business, however, we are taking measures to ensure the safety of our customers and associates as well as help adhere to requests of local officials through the following means:
- Our associates have been encourages to stay home if they feel sick and our supervisors have been instructed to send employees home that don’t feel well.
- As such our plan is to temporarily adjust our teams as needed to adequately serve our customers’ needs.
- As a company we will adhere to the Kansas Department of Health and CDC recommendations for quarantine and isolation of travelers that have traveled to “hot spots.”
- As a company we have suspended all business air travel through May 15th.
- We have asked sales people to conduct as much activity via phone & email.
- For the safety of employees and customers needing to make in-store selections, janitorial services at our facilities have increased with an emphasis on heavier use of chemicals on hard surfaces, counters and desks.
- Customers and associates are strongly advised to wash hands regularly, use hand sanitizer and avoid physical contact by not shaking hands and not touching your face. We are also enhancing our availability of hand washing options in the stores.
Rest assured, our services to you have not been impacted. Our doors will remain open for business to continue to serve our great communities and customers. Our goal is to continue to be available to supply your job sites and we have focused all our energies on making sure that is our primary focus of activity.Nationally we are monitoring issues around the virus that potentially could impact personal interaction and supply chain. Some areas of our country & world have been affected more severely than others. We want to assure you that we are being proactive and taking steps to promote a healthy environment.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to call your salesperson, any of our divisional senior leaders or me.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you,
President & COO
Star Lumber & Supply Co., Inc.